Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm All Choked Up



For the first time last night I had the unpleasant experience of choking. I was minding my own business eating my Chow Mein with the chow mein noodles and on my next bite I couldn't swallow. The feeling got worse and worse until it was actually painful to even try! My eyes started to water as I was trying to cough up the rogue chow mein noodle. Ryan was watching me in horror and after I finally coughed up the stupid thing, he was crying! He told me that I had scared him and that I shouldn't do that again. I gave him a hug and told him that I didn't mean to choke or scare him but to no avail the rest of the night he was lecturing me about eating my food too fast! He is such a worry wart! This morning as I'm eating my cereal he again reminds me not to eat too fast or I'll choke. So lesson to you all...Don't Eat Your Chow Mein Too Fast.

2 comments:

*MARY* said...

I used to live in China (birthplace of the noodle) and the Chinese have really mastered the art of slurping. They eat their noodles so fast, you'd be amazed. But they still have a few noodle related deaths each year so you really do have to be careful.

Mrs. Lay said...

That is so cute that he would be so concerned. What a smart kid.