Now that everything is all right I'll let you know about Liv. I was at work when I got a call from Nick who tells me he just experienced the scare of his life! He said he had changed Liv's diaper and when she stood up she was staring intently up at the ceiling. He thought that was kinda cute so he went to the other room to get the video camera. When he came back in she was lying on her back over his weights and had a blank look on her face just blinking at the ceiling. (I saw the video when I got home and am still haunted by it!)
He picks her up and runs to our neighbors who is a firefighter but they aren't home. By this time her face is blue. He calls 911 and while he is on the phone she wakes up and throws up on him. He hangs up with 911 thinking she is ok. Then he calls me and I book it home.
When I get home I pick her up and notice her feet and fingers are blue. Knowing something still wasn't right we rush her over to Instacare. They take her straight back and tell us that she has a 104 fever and we need to go to the ER now.
We rush to the ER and thankfully my parents come to help take care of the boys.
Liv was amazing as they did all the tests on her including an EKG, Cat scan, blood, and urine sample. In the end they decided that she had a febrile seizure due to a spike in temp. They are pretty common but no less scary!!
Thankfully she is just fine! The boys were pretty traumatized from seeing their sister like that. I'm just glad everyone is back to normal.

4 comments:
I think that would scare me to death! I am so glad that Liv is okay. I sure hope we don't have that happen at our house...
Crystal
Oh, I am so sorry you all had to go through that. I'm glad she's ok.
MEGAN! I had NO IDEA!!!! why oh why didn't you say something! You must know I am here for you at all times! I am so glad she is ok. That is way way way scary stuff! Ugh! I hate kids getting hurt or anything not kind to the little ones! (big ones? eh - who cares.. run em over. JK) so lucky so lucky!! I am relieved she is alright! you on the other hand are still probably in therapy?
Glad she is doing well! I can't believe how much she has grown. Where does the time go!?! She is a beauty!
Post a Comment